Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let them eat cake...



So my father came over for Christmas and we decided it would be a really good idea to get a Buttercream cake from our favorite bakery...Buttercream! Note...the Lego guy is for scale...it was a HUGE cake.

We sent a big chunk home with Dad...and Todd and I spent the next few days eating this wonderful cake.

Jack came home and we were nice enough to save him a piece...here's the conversation that followed...

Jack: I'm really full from dinner, I don't think I can eat cake...

Todd: I'll eat it for him.

Amy: No, you can save it for breakfast. There's nothing better than cake for breakfast, so long as you also eat a banana. (note, the cake for breakfast post)

The next morning...

Jack: Oh, no, I've become one of THOSE people.

Amy: What are you talking about...?

Jack: I like the cake, but not the frosting. It's like eating a stick of butter.

Amy: You say that like it's a bad thing! I call dibs on the frosting...eat your banana.

Although, I will note that eating buttercream frosting at 6:45am leaves one feeling rather sick about an hour later.

Oh well, it was worth it.

Mmmm, cake.


No comments: