Thursday, January 04, 2007

Well, it is January 2nd and I am sitting in the Chalet at Spirit Mountain while Jack has his 1st official ski lesson. It’s been 16 minutes, and he’s not up here screaming bloody murder, so I think it’s going well! Best thing is, it’s deader than dead up here, so his 2 hour group ski lesson is a private lesson, since he was the only one signed up, so YEA! for him! He needs it, I hope it takes, it would be nice for him to have an interest in one sport…ok, unlike me, who has an interest in none.


Um, hrmmm, yeah, pretty much nothing. I run, do the stairmaster, lift weights…that has to count for something. I’m just not into that whole group/people/sport/competition thing.


Ok, mostly the people thing.


So, on my days off, I have done 3 more scrapbook pages in Jack’s baby book (yes, I’m up to summer 1999!) and managed to get all the kids in grades 3-5 in Jack’s school divided into their proper classes on the yearbook website (don’t get me started on trying to connect to the internet in this hotel…sucks is a major understatement). Granted, I thought I was all prepared and brought with the class directory from this year and the old yearbook, only to spend 2 hours trying to connect (4 cords, 3 passwords, 2 modems, and 1 tech guy later…) and to discover I BROUGHT LAST YEARS DIRECTORY!!!

Ok, so Todd being the most cooperative, understanding, and loving husband ever (cough, cough, hack, hack, and God STRIKES Amy down for that lie) spent about 30 minutes on the phone reading me the class list for every child in class in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. BUT, I got them divided out since the photo people had the classes mixed up, together with the wrong teachers, and completely mislabeled. As soon as I can get signed back on, I’ll do the new page template, because, uh, yeah, couldn’t get signed back on this morning. Ugh.

I’m scared, I just poked my head toward the window and Jack and his teacher are coming into the building. I’d hide, but I have too much crap with me, since I brought my laptop with to keep me occupied. {Keeping fingers crossed they aren’t giving up}

Oh, PHEW, they just came back in to get HER skis. They are on their way to the bunny hill.

Enough of my boring rant. I’ll let you know how the lesson goes, and how Little Miss Muffet survived with Grandpa for a couple days when I get home.

I don’t know which one I am more worried about…Todd or Muffy. Place your bets!

No comments: