Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I Have The Best Son EVER

October 2006...

Jack: Mom, I bought your Christmas present, do you want to know what it is?

Amy: No, it's October, I want to wait until Christmas.

Jack: Do you want a hint?

Amy: No, I want to wait until Christmas.

And so it went, every week until Christmas...EVERY WEEK...

Jack: Open mine first!! (Jumping up and down) I spent a WHOLE DAY wrapping it!

Amy: It's lovely, Jack, I can't wait.

With child standing over me, basically helping me unwrap the present,
I get it open and pull out this:

1987 Pilot Santa Bear

I now have 6 Santa Bears.

The last two I bought was when I was pregnant with bouncy baby boy in 1997.

I cried.

He's been telling me I need to collect something and I keep saying, "No, I don't want more stuff!"

I love it, more stuff or not, he picked it out all on his own, and knew I didn't have that one.

Turns out, I did buy Miss Bear that year, and now she has her partner.


Sniff, sniff, I need a tissue.

No comments: