Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm a bad, bad mother...

Actually, I'm a bad, bad employee.

Jack is sick. He has an ear infection and most likely strep. He's on the generic version of zithromax, so he'll be able to go to school tomorrow.

I'm super excited to stay home and play hooky from work. I kept saying all day yesterday that I really needed another day off and now I get one (yes, I did go to work on Saturday with Jack, and yes, he can do my job, he also discovered my mini slinky goes down the stairs at work REALLY WELL). And what does a slinky and people have in common? They both make me giggle when you push them down the stairs.

Poor Jack feels like crapeola, but he'll be better in a few hours and he gets to lay in front of the cartoon network and watch tv all day. Oh, and be waited on, so he's not suffering too much. He also has a couple Wieners keeping him warm.


Yesterday, I volunteered at Rock the Cradle

It was actually pretty fun, the people watching was better than the State Fair. You know those punks back in the 90's that hung out at First Avenue and had wild hair, dreadlocks, wore some of the strangest clothes combinations, were the first to get body piercings, had some personal hygiene issues, and were so not anyone you would like to bring home to mom? (We are not referring to me, so don't go there, Moms loved me, and I showered on a regular basis) Well, they have procreated, and they listen to 89.3. They also haven't changed much. Serious visual entertainment. If I could figure out how to get pictures off of my phone, I'd share.

I'm off to tend sick child. And enjoy playing hooky from work.

Insert maniacal laugh here.

Hee hee hee!!

No comments: