Friday, March 16, 2007


Last Sunday, I ran 7 miles.

Monday, I couldn't walk.

Tuesday, I ran 4 more miles.

I took Wednesday and Thursday off, partially to recover, and partially because I'm lazy.

Oh, and work got in the way...the gym is WAY GROSS at 6:30pm, TOO MANY SWEATY ICKY BODIES!!!
EEEEEWWWWEEEE!!


I ran 4 more miles today.

Sunday, I plan another 7.
I haven't quite figured out why I do it, but the endorphin rush is AMAZING!

So, I am running a 5k for my friend Joy, who was recently diagnosed with cancer and is going through chemo...a GROUP run. RACE FOR THE CURE. Yes, anti-social Amy is being social. At 7:25 AM on MOTHER'S DAY. Ok, they said I had to wear a hot pink boa and glamour movie star glasses in order to join the team at work, so...I really joined so I could have an excuse to buy a pink feather boa.

I'm trying to get Jayme, my fellow cube farmer, to run with me, but he has issues wearing feathers.

What a party pooper.

I said he should go because, where else are you going to find so many highly motivated single women in one place??!!

Yeah, he didn't see it that way.

I'm going to run Harriet and Calhoun (hopefully) again on Sunday. We'll see if I can walk Monday...it's really nice not to have one's legs buckle when walking into the cube farm from the car.

It's the little things, really.

No comments: