Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Annual Hunt

Amy: I think we should go get our tree.

Todd: It's too early.


Amy: No it's not, and since we have no kids this weekend, or next, I think we should also bring the wieners.


Todd: You have Dave, that's close enough.


Dave: (from the other room) I heard that!


So, I got to bring the wieners and we went to go kill our tree the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Since we did downtown last weekend, I'm just figuring I'll be SO SICK of Christmas by the time it gets here, I'll put everything away the week before New Years instead of February.

But, something was just wrong....
Where's the snow? I'ts really bright out here and 45 degrees!
The wieners were having lots of fun exploring new smells, and no, Todd hasn't shaved, yet. Treeeeeeeee!! Treeeeeeeeee!!
It just doesn't really put one into the Christmas spirit when you can hunt in jeans and a t-shirt.
We were not being entirely successful tracking the perfect tree, either.

Amy: I like this one.

Todd: It looks just like the ones we killed the last 2 years.

Amy: I'm a creature of habit. Hurry up and kill it, I think I'm getting a sunburn.
Ginger was trying to get in on the action, and Dave caught the annual bootie shot on Todd. I just supervised, because I'm not allowed to use tools.
Todd: I need an orange hat. It's just not hunting without blaze orange.

Amy: Sure, honey, I'll buy you one for next year. Do they sell them at the Gap?

The wieners had a great time, we let them run around the trees and sniff strange animal poop. They want to come next year, too!

Todd finally let us put it on top of the Yukon.
I'm surprised he didn't make Dave drive us there in the Jeep.

It does look an awful lot like last years tree. I think I'll wait to decorate it since Jack isn't home yet and I'm afraid to open the Christmas lights.
On the upside, I am pretty sure Target is fully stocked with lights since Thanksgiving is still 4 days away.

Hard part is done, break out the egg nog!!

1 comment:

Semira Halwende said...

YOU HAULED IT ON THE LUXURY VEHICLE! I am appalled.