Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dave and I thought it would be a good idea to go for a walk at about 8 at night, but I misunderstood and thought we were going for a short walk, not 4 miles. I had to stop and rest my feet since I was wearing flip flops. I ended up with 3 blisters.

I got a job! I leave in about 35 minutes for my first day.

Jessica asked if I was nervous, I said, "No, should I be?" She said, "Yes, terrified. What if no one wants to eat lunch with you?"

I replied, "I am bringing sushi and eating at my desk." Problem solved.

She then asked if I had my clothes ready for my first day. I said, "Yes, since last week."

She told me she was proud of me.

Awwwww, being a stepmonster has many rewards. Girl support is one of them.

By the way, I dug out all my "business clothes" that have been hiding under my bed in boxes since t-shirts, jeans, and flip flops were standard uniform at RFC and discovered, A. I own a lot of black. B. I can still fit into everything (actually, I think I'm smaller than I was then...) and C. I'm actually kind of excited to have a real job again.

Oh, and I have no idea what I'm doing. My title is "analyst", but I have yet to discover what I will be analyzing.

I think I'm being thrown to the wolves.


No comments: