Sunday, May 06, 2007

Overheard Conversations on Amy's IM...

Amy: Hey Bob, how goes it?

Bob: Just hangin' out.

Amy: Fun, I'm still unemployed and Todd and I are still fighting. Why can't we all just get along? I think the convent is looking better every day. Do you suppose it's a gene?

Bob: Is there a nun in your ancestors?

Amy: no, I meant the divorce gene. I think I got it plus some. Dave says I break them.

Bob: You break genes? You putting on weight? (There's a pun in there somewhere).

Amy: Hahaha, actually, no, I can bench press 95 pounds (which is a lot for me) and I can do real pushups on my toes for the first time ever. I'm scary. I do cardio for an average of 45 minutes a day. I stink a lot. Maybe that's why we fight, because I smell.

So...I registered with Capella University. I'm going back to school. Fo Shizzle. Accounting...could you gag? I want to learn how to screw over the government. I didn't put that on my application...

Bob: If you really want to screw the government, start a business. As a woman-owned business you'll get jobs you otherwise couldn't compete for. If you could turn black and disabled you wouldn't have to work again for life.

Amy: OMG, you kill me! Actually, I've been applying lately with contracting companies. I have another one to contact tomorrow that a friend of mine works with. She's a CPA, but, apparently, they also contract with some of us plain folk who just do everything really well...

I wish I could be black and disabled, but not working is kind of driving me crazy.

Bob: Get a tanning light, say more things like "fo shizzle," and limp a lot.



I love Bob...

He's coming over on Tuesday to show me the fine art of Macros in Excel and how to manipulate them into building up massive points for my Neopet. It's nice having friends who are as geeky as me.

No comments: