Friday, April 27, 2007

Overheard Conversations at My House...

(Amy on the phone with some kid from the University of Minnesota)

Amy: I am trying to get a copy of my old transcript and this web site says I need to have a web ID to log in. Can you help? I haven't been to the "U" since the dark ages. I have my student ID, and, boy, did I have a lot of hair back then.

Todd: Look at those glasses! They take up half your face! Hahahahahha, geek! Hey, is that your natural hair color?

Guy on Phone: Do you remember your old web ID?

Amy: Um, the Internet didn't exist when I went to college. We used rocks and chisels. Did you ever see the Flintstones? Yeah, that was me. I think I have my abacus around here somewhere...

Guy on Phone: Your what?

Amy: Um, nevermind, so about that web ID?

Guy on Phone: Well, I don't have enough information here to verify your id, I think you are going to need to come down.

Amy: Does it have the classes I took? I can tell you when I started and that I dropped out of suicide French 1101 after my car was broken into the day before and that was when I met my best friend Dave who found me chain smoking Camel Lights and freaking out on the steps of the school building because I missed a day of classes and already put me too far behind to continue...

Guy on Phone:
Um...well...that's not on your transcript, but here's your new web ID. I think this is where we part ways.

Amy: Thank you, you have been most helpful.


No comments: