Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Wednesday...

I decided that I would really like to have abs of steel. Not just those whimpy abs of aluminum, but the kind you can actually see...I don't need a 6 pack, I would be perfectly happy with a 4 pack. Maybe even a 2.5 pack.

It was rather slow at work today. I seem to have figured out how to do in 2 hours what used to take me 6, so I had some time to do some research on how to get said 6 pack.

I do cardio 5-6 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes, and I lift weights 4 times a week, but I have this love affair I can't shake with wine and French bread. Both are big NO-NO's when it comes to 6 pack abs. Booooooo.

Then, I discovered Interval Training. It is supposed to kick everything up a notch. Instead of just running for 30 minutes, you sprint at your fastest for 1 minute, then drop to half of that speed for the next 3 minutes, and repeat 6 more times. I thought to myself, "Self? This sounds like a really good plan, you get three whole minutes out of four to be a slacker!!!"

Um, yeah, until I actually did it...

The first 2 sprint sessions went really well...I was running at 10 miles an hour and dropping back to 6 for the 3 minute parts. By the 5th time, it was 5.5 for the 3 minute parts and after 6, I discovered my awesome new shoes weren't quite broken in and I was starting to develop blisters on my arches, so I figured it would be a good time to throw in the towel and walk the last 4 minutes.

Thank you Dr. John Berardi, you have shown me humility. I better get some awesome fat-burning results from this, since I am going to do this until I can see at least a 4 pack.

I'm also working on giving up bread and wine, though it seems almost anti-Catholic to do so...forgive me Father...

Oh well, we all know I'm going to burn in hell anyway...but as I always say, "That's where all the fun people are going to be!!"

(Insert blond giggle here...)


No comments: